Winter is on it’s way and the temperatures are already dipping here in Albuquerque. What are some ways to keep your family warm and toasty all winter long?
If you winterize your home by following these simple tips, you can lower your energy costs this winter and stay warm. Just following a few of these tips can make a difference in how warm your home can be this winter. And most of these tips cost little or no money.
- Clean Your Gutters to make sure that water flows freely and prevents icicles and ice dam from forming.
- Install an Energy Monitor to discover where and how your home uses the most energy.
- Use a Window Insulation Kit to add an additional buffer against cold air. Insulation film can keep up to 70% of heat from leaking out of the windows.
- Dodge the Drafts by caulking and weatherstripping around drafty doors and windows. You can also use draft guards under the doors to prevent heat loss.
- Install Storm Doors and Windows for added energy efficiency.
- Change Furnace Filters to increase airflow and keep your family healthy all season.
- Clean and Adjust Your Heating System to help lower your energy costs and keep it working properly.
- Upgrade to an Efficient Furnace that will reduce your heating costs for many years to come and increase your home’s value.
- Adjust Your Thermostat anytime you leave the house and do not need to use as much heat.
- Insulate Your Pipes to cut back on hot water costs and avoid burst pipes.
- Add Insulation between walls, on the basement ceiling, and the attic floor to help heat remain in your home.
- Clockwise Ceiling Fans can help in the winter as they push hot air toward the floor.
- A Programmable Thermostat will help you regulate your energy use automatically and help save money by turning down the temp when you’re not home.
Contact us today to help you buy or sell your next home in Albuquerque. Looking for the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque? Our easy-to-use home search tool can help you start the process. Join us twice a week on our blog for more real estate advice and great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates.
HOT HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK!
3 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms (2 full, 1 half) / 1,665 Square Feet
Fantastic location in desirable gated community of Altura Village! Conveniently located close to UNM, Nob Hill, UNM Hospital, Altura Park! 3BDR/2.5BATH plus Loft! Light, bright & open with lots of living space in the great room. Open kitchen with sunny breakfast nook, gas stove, built-microwave, refrigerator, washer & dryer stay! 3 large bedrooms upstairs! Master bdr has a wall of windows, 2 walk-in closets, garden tub/shower, dual sink vanity and tile flooring in bath. Private gated community minutes away from shopping malls, Uptown & restaurants! Doesn’t back to Indian School Rd!!
Contact the Sandi Pressley team for additional details!
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team