Staging a home for sale is certainly an important step in making sure you get more money from the sale. But you need to make sure you do the right things to make the most difference.
It’s going to take more than just running a vacuum to get buyers to love your property. You need to de-clutter, repair, update, and more. Here’s a few things to focus on to make sure you get the most bang for your buck.
- Aim for symmetry when placing smaller accents, such as a pillows and table lamps.
- Add more light. Fashionable lamps will add both light and a decorative touch.
- Keep the fireplace clean. Remove soot stains and replace the screen.
- If you decide to use staging furniture or slip covers, go for lighter colors to give an airy, inviting feel.
- Reduce the amount of furniture to open up space.
- Add bright coordinated accessories such as throw blankets and access pillows for more color.
- Play a slideshow of beautiful images on your TV.
- Make sure the counters are clear except for a couple of decorative items, such as flowers or bowl of fresh fruit.
- Just display one set of dishes, along with other kitchenware. Reduce all kitchenware and cupboards down to a minimum.
- A fresh coat of paint and new hardware will freshen and modernize your cabinets.
- Take a close look at your appliances. Will a good cleaning make them look new again? Or do they need replacing? You can also use stainless films to give them a stainless steel look.
- remove all refrigerator magnets and clean the door handles.
- Scrub dirt, grime, and stains from walls, cabinets, and back-splashes.
- Clean cabinet interiors, especially under the sink.
- Give the pantry a good cleaning and organizing. Leave some empty space to make it look bigger. You can also store items in decorative baskets and add some fancy jams or other upscale condiments.
- Empty all trash cans and move them out of sight.
- Make bedrooms gender neutral. Buyers have different family needs, so will help them see the rooms more as they need them.
- Store clothes that are not in season to create more closet space.
- Replace those mismatched hangers with a nice set of wood hangers.
- Store jewelry and other expensive personal items.
- Consider giving extra bedrooms a new identity as a home office, sewing room, or another interesting function.
- Remove televisions or video game consoles from bedrooms to depersonalize and create a serene setting.
Staging your home effectively and focusing on the items that matter can make a huge difference.
- You will have a better time knowing they are safe, too!
Check back on our blog every week for more real estate advice and local articles about living in Albuquerque. And make sure to follow us on Facebook for up to date real estate news for Albuquerque and surrounding areas.
HOT HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK!
4 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms (2 full, 1 partial) / 2717 Square Feet
Light, bright and open floor plan on this custom-built NE Heights beauty with 4 bedrooms and over-sized 3 car garage. Full pitched tile roof. Separate laundry room with W/D that stay! Close to schools, shopping and lovely park!
Contact the Sandi Pressley team for additional details!
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team