Staging your house for sale in Albuquerque can help you make more money. It’s an important marketing tool to help you compete at the right price, which means you can sell faster. But it takes more than just running a vacuum and fluffing some pillows. It’s all about decluttering, repairing, updating, and depersonalizing. You also don’t need to hire a pro to stage your home. There’s plenty of things you can do all by yourself, or with some help from friends and fanily.
Here’s a few tips to get your home ready to sell in Albuquerque.
- When placing anything from accent pillows and table lamps, go for symmetry, which is pleasing to the eye.
- Light it up with lamps. Chic lamps provide both added lighting and appealing decor.
- Make that fireplace glow. Scrub away soot stains and replace the old screen.
- Whatever amount of furniture you have in your living room, remove a few pieces to make the room feel spacious.
- Help buyers imagine their life in your home. Set the scene by displaying a board game or tea service on the coffee table, and arrange furniture in conversational groups.
- Clear everything from countertops except one or two decorative items, like a vase of flowers or bowl of fresh fruit.
- Pack up all the dishes except one attractive, matching set. Do the same with glassware, flatware, and cookware, and pare down all other cupboard and drawer items down to the minimum.
- Freshen up and modernize those cabinets with a fresh coat of paint or stain and new hardware.
- Seriously evaluate your appliances. Can they look new again with a good scrubbing? Give it the old college try or consider replacing with new models. The Real Estate Staging Association strongly recommends stainless steel. Tip: You can get the look of stainless for the cost of a cheap dinner with stainless films.
- Remove those fridge magnets and give the door and handles a good cleaning.
- Go gender neutral in the master bedroom. Ditch those dainty, floral pillow shams or NASCAR posters.
- Pack up all but the clothes you’re wearing this season to make you closets look larger.
- Swap out the motley crew of mismatched hangers in your closet for a set of wooden ones to create a classy, boutique look.
- Put jewelry and other valuables in a safe spot.
- Consider giving extra bedrooms a new identity as a home office, sewing room, or another interesting function.
- Remove televisions or video game consoles from bedrooms to depersonalize and create a serene setting.
Of course, there’s more ways to stage your home for sale. But with these few tips, you’ll be on your way to a faster sale.
HOT ALBUQUERQUE PROPERTY OF THE WEEK!
7408 KRISTA Drive NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Come and view this beautiful corner lot in the NE Heights! Home has 4 bedrooms (possible 6), + 2 remodeled bathrooms. There so many updates on this home including: NEW roof and skylight on front patio (2020), Exterior painted (2020), Interior painted (2021), NEW kitchen flooring (2022), NEW wood laminate flooring (2022), NEW dishwasher (2022), NEW stove (2021), NEW fixtures (2021), NEW bedroom carpet (2021), Both bathrooms were remodeled in 2018! This home will not last long – schedule an appointment today!
Contact us today to help you buy or sell your next home in Albuquerque. Looking for the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque? Our easy-to-use home search tool can help you start the process. Join us twice a week on our blog for more real estate advice and great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates.
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team