Many people chose to use a storage unit when they move. There are definitely advantages to using storage a storage unit in Albuquerque when you buy a home. But is it always the right solution?
Moving is a time of transitions and new beginnings. It’s a chance to weed out the things you no longer need in your life. That way you don’t have to move as much, saving money and time.
Yet you may not have the time to comb through every possession. If time is of the essence, then you may just have to get the job done and turn to using a storage unit.
Here’s a few things to think about when considering if storage is a good option to help you in the moving process.
Advantages of Using Storage
- Pack up all the things you don’t need now.
- Staging your home will be more simple.
- You home will look larger, adding to selling appeal.
- Personal items will be out of sight from buyers.
- Out of sight, out of mind.
- You can sort all your items later.
- You can decide what furniture works best in your new home and decide what to keep after you move.
Disadvantages of Using Storage
- Another expense.
- You’ll have to handle everything twice, which is more work.
- Not all units guarantee your items will be safe, so you may need additional insurance.
- Storing items can lead to delayed decisions about what stays and what goes.
- You may end up storing things you don’t need, and paying monthly fees for those items.
- It’s hard to reach items in the back of a full unit.
Portable Storage Units
What about portable storage? Portable storage units are becoming quite popular. PODS is the most popular portable storage company and was the first. The main advantage is that you can keep the unit at your home, giving you more time to load it. Then the unit is delivered to your new house. Some units are also designed to be long-term storage at a warehouse or at your home.
The advantage of portable storage is that you can pack and unpack everything in one go, eliminating the need to haul your things to a storage facility, then back again to the new home.
Moving is hard work for sure. But with careful planning and good use of storage, you can make the process go more smoothly.
Getting ready to move to Albuquerque but still haven’t found the perfect home for sale? Our easy-to-use home search can help you find the home of your dreams in Albuquerque and surrounding areas. Check back on our blog every week for more Albuquerque lifestyle and real estate articles. And make sure to follow us on Facebook for up to date real estate news for Albuquerque and surrounding areas.
HOT HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK!
2 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms (1 full, 0 half) / 1570 Square Feet
Check out this incredible opportunity! Precious 2 BR Adobe with separate Casita! Lovingly restored, the main house boasts wood floors, newer water heater, newer metal roof and refrigerated air. With beautiful landscaping surrounding, the separate casita has a kitchen, full bath & combo sleeping/living area. This oversized lot – greater than a 1/2 acre – also boasts irrigiation from the Atrisco Ditch and great open space!! Both the main house & casita have a solid Air BnB rental history. Don’t miss this one!
Contact the Sandi Pressley team for additional details!
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team