Staging a home for sale Albuquerque is certainly an important step in making sure you get more money from the sale. But you need to make sure you do the right things to make the most difference.
It’s going to take more than just running a vacuum to get buyers to love your property. You need to de-clutter, repair, update, and more. Here’s a few things to focus on to make sure you get the most bang for your buck.
- Aim for symmetry when placing smaller accents, such as a pillows and table lamps.
- Add more light. Fashionable lamps will add both light and a decorative touch.
- Keep the fireplace clean. Remove soot stains and replace the screen.
- If you decide to use staging furniture or slip covers, go for lighter colors to give an airy, inviting feel.
- Reduce the amount of furniture to open up space.
- Add bright coordinated accessories such as throw blankets and access pillows for more color.
- Play a slideshow of beautiful images on your TV.
- Make sure the counters are clear except for a couple of decorative items, such as flowers or bowl of fresh fruit.
- Just display one set of dishes, along with other kitchenware. Reduce all kitchenware and cupboards down to a minimum.
- A fresh coat of paint and new hardware will freshen and modernize your cabinets.
- Take a close look at your appliances. Will a good cleaning make them look new again? Or do they need replacing? You can also use stainless films to give them a stainless steel look.
- Remove all refrigerator magnets and clean the door handles.
- Scrub dirt, grime, and stains from walls, cabinets, and back-splashes.
- Clean cabinet interiors, especially under the sink.
- Give the pantry a good cleaning and organizing. Leave some empty space to make it look bigger. You can also store items in decorative baskets and add some fancy jams or other upscale condiments.
- Empty all trash cans and move them out of sight.
- Make bedrooms gender neutral. Buyers have different family needs, so will help them see the rooms more as they need them.
- Store clothes that are not in season to create more closet space.
- Replace those mismatched hangers with a nice set of wood hangers.
- Store jewelry and other expensive personal items.
- Consider giving extra bedrooms a new identity as a home office, sewing room, or another interesting function.
- Remove televisions or video game consoles from bedrooms to depersonalize and create a serene setting.
Staging your home effectively and focusing on the items that matter can make a huge difference.
Join us twice a week for more real estate advice and local articles about life in Albuquerque. Looking to buy or sell a home in Albuquerque? We can help! Contact us today. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates.
HOT ALBUQUERQUE PROPERTY OF THE WEEK!
5208 RUSSELL Drive NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114
Location + Serenity = 5208 Russell Dr. Welcome home to this updated gem in Paradise Hills. Situated on an oversized lot, enjoy a wealth of perks in this 4-bedroom, comfortable home. NEW Champion Windows (2022), NEW Fireplace High-Efficiency Wood Stove insert (2021), almost new kitchen appliances (2019) including Gas Range, Refrigerator, Dishwasher and Disposal, Mastercool (2016) AND NEWER Stucco & Roof (2016). Get ready for the holidays with room for everyone in the open, updated kitchen with oversized pantry and access to TWO living areas. And then check out the backyard!! This peaceful space is ready for you to enjoy the Inground, Custom, Heated Pool with Automatic Cover (2017), Backyard RV access with RV pad plus 110, a NEW water feature, 2 gas stub-outs.
Contact us today to help you buy or sell your next home in Albuquerque. Looking for the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque? Our easy-to-use home search tool can help you start the process. Join us twice a week on our blog for more real estate advice and great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates.
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team