So you’ve found the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque. But before you make an offer, you should have the home inspected. It’s an important step to make sure you’re protected when buying a home. You can make an offer based on the inspection, and have the seller cover any needed repairs. Or, if need be, you can walk away from the deal.
How to Choose an Inspector
Here are five areas to consider when choosing the right home inspector:
1. Qualifications – Find out what’s included in your inspection and if the age or location of your home may warrant specific certifications or specialties.
2. Sample Reports – Ask for a sample inspection report so you can review how thoroughly they will be inspecting your dream home. In most cases, the more detailed the report, the better.
3. References – Do your homework. Ask for phone numbers and names of past clients who you can call to discuss their experiences.
4. Memberships – Not all inspectors belong to a national or state association of home inspectors, and membership in one of these groups should not be the only way to evaluate your choice. Membership in one of these organizations does, however, often mean continued training and education are required.
5. Errors and Omission Insurance – Find out what the liability of the inspector or inspection company is once the inspection is over. The inspector is only human, after all, and it is possible they might miss something they should see.
See if your inspector will let you come to the inspection so they can point out what needs to be fixed in person. This helps you get a more clear understanding of the issues.
Finding the right inspector can make a huge impact on your home purchase. If you follow the above suggestions, you’ll have a better chance of finding an inspector that will help make your home buying experience easier. Let us help you find the home of your dreams in Albuquerque. And make sure to join us twice a week on our blog for more great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates. HOT
HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK! 17 Pine Crest Road, Tijeras, NM $525,000
3 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms (2 full, 0 half) / 3532 Square Feet
Exceptional Mountain Home with Sweeping Views!! This home offers peaceful, yet convenient mountain living. Featuring soaring ceilings & clerestory windows, a light bright open floorplan, grand staircase at entry, plus both a kiva fireplace & wood burning stove for those chilly evenings & cooled by 2 mini split a/c’s. The chef’s kitchen features gorgeous cabinets/counters/SS appliances with eat at kitchen island and sunny dining nook. Master retreat is privately situated on its own level with its own view balcony & spa like en suite that includes a freestanding soaking tub. Bonus Loft/Study area w/ 2nd view balcony. Enjoy outdoor living in the walled courtyard w/professional landscaping & deck. Tuff Shed ‘Tall Barn’ model stays. Village of Tijeras water.