Staging your house for sale in Albuquerque can help you make more money. It’s an important marketing tool to help you compete at the right price, which means you can sell faster. But it takes more than just running a vacuum and fluffing some pillows. It’s all about decluttering, repairing, updating, and depersonalizing.
Here’s a few tips to get your home ready to sell in Albuquerque.
- When placing anything from accent pillows and table lamps, go for symmetry, which is pleasing to the eye.
- Light it up with lamps. Chic lamps provide both added lighting and appealing decor.
- Make that fireplace glow. Scrub away soot stains and replace the old screen.
- Whatever amount of furniture you have in your living room, remove a few pieces to make the room feel spacious.
- Help buyers imagine their life in your home. Set the scene by displaying a board game or tea service on the coffee table, and arrange furniture in conversational groups.
- Clear everything from countertops except one or two decorative items, like a vase of flowers or bowl of fresh fruit.
- Pack up all the dishes except one attractive, matching set. Do the same with glassware, flatware, and cookware, and pare down all other cupboard and drawer items down to the minimum.
- Freshen up and modernize those cabinets with a fresh coat of paint or stain and new hardware.
- Seriously evaluate your appliances. Can they look new again with a good scrubbing? Give it the old college try or consider replacing with new models. The Real Estate Staging Association strongly recommends stainless steel. Tip: You can get the look of stainless for the cost of a cheap dinner with stainless films.
- Remove those fridge magnets and give the door and handles a good cleaning.
- Go gender neutral in the master bedroom. Ditch those dainty, floral pillow shams or NASCAR posters.
- Pack up all but the clothes you’re wearing this season to make you closets look larger.
- Swap out the motley crew of mismatched hangers in your closet for a set of wooden ones to create a classy, boutique look.
- Put jewelry and other valuables in a safe spot.
- Consider giving extra bedrooms a new identity as a home office, sewing room, or another interesting function.
- Remove televisions or video game consoles from bedrooms to depersonalize and create a serene setting.
Of course, there’s more ways to stage your home for sale. But with these few tips, you’ll be on your way to a faster sale.
Need help finding the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque? Our easy to use home search can help start you on your home buying journey. And make sure to join us twice a week on our blog for more great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates.
HOT HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK!
4 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms (1 full, 2 half) / 2690 Square Feet
Mountain Views! This popular one story Pulte floorplan has 4BDRS/3BA plus separate office/study with French doors!! Light, bright and open featuring two walls of sliding doors opening to the outdoor living space, covered patio showcasing mountain views! REFRIGERATED AIR! Tankless Water Heater! Approx 19k in new engineered wood flooring! 11k Professionally landscaped backyard with grass, roses, shrubs! Gourmet kitchen has built-in stainless steel appliances, gas cooktop, huge teardrop shaped Island, granite counter tops, beautiful cabinetry, backsplash & walk-in pantry. Master suite has bay window, large shower, raised granite dual sink vanity & walk-in closet!
Contact the Sandi Pressley team for additional details!
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team