You can make a good deal more money on your home sale if you stage your home to attract buyers in Albuquerque. In fact, most agents will tell you that a well-staged home will increase the offer on any home. But you need to do more than just vacuum the floor and fluff a few pillows. It’s all about decluttering, repairing, updating, and depersonalizing.
Here’s a few areas to focus on when staging your home:
- Let buyers entertain the idea of entertaining. Set out some chic place settings around the table, or a few wine glasses and a decanter on the buffet.
- Strike a balance between overly formal and too casual with an attractive runner and a few fun, decorative elements — think small floral vases or short candle holders.
- It’s de-grime time: Scrub and sanitize the walls, floor, shower door — virtually every surface that comes in contact with steam.
- Spend extra time scrubbing that tile grout and re-caulk around the tub if necessary.
- If your bathroom tile is dated, try paint instead of replacing it. Start with a high-adhesion primer and either epoxy or latex paint.
- Remove clutter from the countertop, tub, and top of toilet. Clean surfaces until they gleam.
- Pack up and hide all your personal products — from medicine to razors.
- Create a luxury spa look with a fancy soap dispenser, fluffy white towels, decorative baskets, candles, plants, a white shower curtain, and a new bath mat.
- Fix leaky or running toilets and replace toilet seats.
- Remove hard water stains on faucets and shower heads. (Try vinegar!)
- Take a daring sniff of the drains. Odorous? Clean them out, and deodorize with baking soda, boiling water, or vinegar.
- Time for a new sink anyway? Try a pedestal sink to optimize precious bathroom space.
Walls, Windows & More
- Have a dark corner or hallway? Brighten it up with a decorative mirror.
- Neutralize the walls. If any rooms are painted in dark colors, repaint white or beige.
- Paint adjacent rooms the same color to make the whole space feel larger.
- Fill nicks and holes in walls, and touch up with paint.
- Sorry, wood paneling. It’s time. Paint over paneling with a neutral color. To really cover your tracks, use wood filler between panels and paint over the entire thing.
- Make sure every switch plate and outlet cover matches and looks brand new.
- Wash the windows, inside and out. Repair any holes or tears in screens.
- Replace those family portraits with interesting art placed strategically throughout the house. Avoid leaving dead space on walls.
Make sure to join us twice a week on our blog for more real estate advice and great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates. Looking for the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque? Our easy-to-use home search tool can help you start the process. Contact us today to help you buy or sell your next home in Albuquerque.
HOT HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK!
4 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms (2 full, 1 half) / 3086 Square Feet
Contact the Sandi Pressley team for additional details!
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team