You can make a good deal more money on your home sale if you stage your home to attract buyers in Albuquerque. In fact, most agents will tell you that a well-staged home will increase the offer on any home. But you need to do more than just vacuum the floor and fluff a few pillows. It’s all about decluttering, repairing, updating, and depersonalizing.
Here’s a few areas to focus on when staging your home:
- Let buyers entertain the idea of entertaining. Set out some chic place settings around the table, or a few wine glasses and a decanter on the buffet.
- Strike a balance between overly formal and too casual with an attractive runner and a few fun, decorative elements — think small floral vases or short candle holders.
- It’s de-grime time: Scrub and sanitize the walls, floor, shower door — virtually every surface that comes in contact with steam.
- Spend extra time scrubbing that tile grout and re-caulk around the tub if necessary.
- If your bathroom tile is dated, try paint instead of replacing it. Start with a high-adhesion primer and either epoxy or latex paint.
- Remove clutter from the countertop, tub, and top of toilet. Clean surfaces until they gleam.
- Pack up and hide all your personal products — from medicine to razors.
- Create a luxury spa look with a fancy soap dispenser, fluffy white towels, decorative baskets, candles, plants, a white shower curtain, and a new bath mat.
- Fix leaky or running toilets and replace toilet seats.
- Remove hard water stains on faucets and shower heads. (Try vinegar!)
- Take a daring sniff of the drains. Odorous? Clean them out, and deodorize with baking soda, boiling water, or vinegar.
- Time for a new sink anyway? Try a pedestal sink to optimize precious bathroom space.
Walls, Windows & More
- Have a dark corner or hallway? Brighten it up with a decorative mirror.
- Neutralize the walls. If any rooms are painted in dark colors, repaint white or beige.
- Paint adjacent rooms the same color to make the whole space feel larger.
- Fill nicks and holes in walls, and touch up with paint.
- Sorry, wood paneling. It’s time. Paint over paneling with a neutral color. To really cover your tracks, use wood filler between panels and paint over the entire thing.
- Make sure every switch plate and outlet cover matches and looks brand new.
- Wash the windows, inside and out. Repair any holes or tears in screens.
- Replace those family portraits with interesting art placed strategically throughout the house. Avoid leaving dead space on walls.
Make sure to join us twice a week on our blog for more real estate advice and great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates. Looking for the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque? Our easy-to-use home search tool can help you start the process. Contact us today to help you buy or sell your next home in Albuquerque.
HOT HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK!
6017 CROWNPOINT Drive NE, Rio Rancho, NM 87144 $299,000
4 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms (2 full, 1 half) / 3086 Square Feet
Contact the Sandi Pressley team for additional details!
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team