The Spring home selling season is just around the corner, so if you plan to sell your home in Albuquerque, now is a great time to get your home ready to sell. One of the most important steps to make sure your home is presentable is to get rid of clutter. You may not think you have too much clutter in your home, but in reality, most of us have more than we think. When it comes to selling a home, you want to have as little possessions in the way as possible. Buyers need to be able to visualize the home as their own, and the more clutter there is, the harder it is for that to happen.
What are some simple ways to get a handle on your clutter? Here’s a few tips:
- Minimize the amount of furniture in each room to make your home appear larger.
- Keep all high traffic areas clear.
- Move things like exercise equipment that don’t belong in a family or living room.
- All closets should be thinned out.
- Clear kitchen and bath counters of all but the bare essentials.
- Get rid of old unsightly plants.
- Put away nick knacks, family and pet photos.
- Discard old magazines and newspapers that are just lying around.
- Clean up bookcases of clutter and arrange books neatly.
- Organize wires coming from televisions and computers and hide them if possible.
- Clear out excess shoes that may be lying around in your foyer or mudroom.
- Always put away dirty laundry and make the beds.
- If you have a deck, clear it of any non essentials
- Organize and clean your garage and remove anything that is no longer necessary to have.
- Remember to De-clutter your yard as well. Remove any junk you have accumulated.
When you complete these steps, you’ll no doubt run into the issue of what to do with everything. De-cluttering gives you a great opportunity to get rid of things you don’t need anymore. You can do a number of things with all that stuff you don’t need. You can donate it, have a yard sale, throw it away, or rent a storage unit. Check out our blog on the best storage facilities in Albuquerque. You can also store your extra items in PODS, which are a convenient way of storing things on site, then having the POD moved to your new home when it comes time.
Getting rid of clutter when you sell your home in Albuquerque may seem like a daunting task. But if you follow these tips, you’ll have your home ready to sell to Albuquerque home buyers in no time.
Join us twice a week on our blog for more real estate advice and great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates. Looking for the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque? Our easy-to-use home search tool can help you start the process. Contact us today to help you buy or sell your next home in Albuquerque.
HOT HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK!
4 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms (2 full, 1 half) / 2053 Square Feet
Camino Crossing! 4BDR/2.5BA/2CG. Light, bright & open! REFRIGERATED AIR & SOLAR PANELS! Huge great room opens for entertaining to the kitchen with breakfast nook, pantry, gas stove, tile flooring, granite countertops & beautiful cabinetry! Large secondary bedrooms and laundry room upstairs for convenience. Master suite features a garden tub, separate shower, dual sink vanity & walk-in closet! Gardener? Enjoy the established outdoor garden with fruit trees of Apple, Peach, Nectarine, Fig, Plum, Pear, Asian Pear, Jasmine among lots of other vegetables!!
Contact the Sandi Pressley team for additional details!
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team