Summer is slowly coming to an end and it will always be a memorable one. Thankfully, Albuquerque still has so many incredible events and activities occurring throughout the month and into the school year! There are many things to do both indoors and virtually, giving every family options that they can be comfortable with. Whether you’re looking for something low – key or one more big adventure, this list will have you covered!
- Enjoy quality family time while cheering on your own New Mexico United! All games will be broadcasted live on ESPN 101.7 with select matches, through the season finale on September 30th, airing on various ESPN affiliates.
- Enjoy performances from both local dancers and guests from Spain at Casa Flamenca’s brand new state-of-the-art outdoor space from August 7th through the 9th. Dances can be seen both live and virtually. Tickets ranges from $20 – $35.
- A unique take on the area’s oldest annual farmer’s market. Every Saturday, enjoy “from farm to car” at the market. Guests are able to purchase from all of their favorite vendors online and can pick up at Robinson Park during normal market hours.
- O’Neil’s Pub and Grill, along with AMFX, will be hosting various dinner and a movie throughout the rest of summer. Admission is $20 per car and tickets are available online. The schedule for the remainder of summer is:
Dazed and Confused – August 5th
Men in Black – August 12th
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade – August 19th
The Princess Bride – August 26th
The Goonies – September 2nd
Jurassic Park – September 9th
Back to the Future – September 16th
Ghostbusters – September 30th
For each movie, the parking lot opens at 7:30 and closes at 8:30, with the movie beginning at 9:00. All tickets must be purchased in advance.
Albuquerque Film and Music Experience
- Throughout the week of September 22nd – the 27th, enjoy a combination of live and virtual events showcasing the best filmmakers, artists and musicians that the area has to offer!
ABQ Daily Riverside Bike Tours
- Enjoy your morning biking along the scenic Bosque River Trail and learning about the vast history and storied past of Albuquerque. Daily tours begin at 10:00am and end around noon, with ticket prices ranging from $50 – $55.
- The original ghost tours of Albuquerque! These adventurous, lantern-lit, tours are held daily at 8:00pm and begin at #AbqTours headquarters. Tickets range from $10 – $22 and include a guided tour throughout Oldtown. Get ready to become ingulfed in the dark past of Oldtown – from murders and battles to hidden cemeteries!
- Occurring every other Sunday from 1:00 – 5:00pm. Enjoy the city while riding your bike to three of Albuquerque’s finest breweries. While at each brewery, guests will enjoy beer flights, exclusive VIP tours, appetizers and brewery collectibles. Tickets much be purchased in advance and range from $60 – $65.
Cacao Mole and Chaco Canyon Virtual Culinary
- Get ready for this unique event on August 21st from 3:00 – 4:15pm! Hosted by Chef Lois Ellen Frank, Ph.D., a Native American chef and food historian local to Albuquerque. During this live streaming cooking class, you’ll learn how to make classic mole using ingredients that originated in Chaco Canyon over 1,000 years ago. Tickets for this unique event combining cuisine and local history are $45.
- Presented by Bosque OM Yoga, this daily event begins at 11:00am and is offered over Zoom. Donations are welcomed and all proceeds will benefit local animal rescue organizations.
- Enjoy a night of wine and local music with VARA wines. The concert takes place on August 5th at 7:00pm and will feature local musicians. Call (505)898-6280 to place your to-go order of wine, tapas and spirits.
Despite the current climate, Albuquerque continues to offer the best entertainment and recreation to residents, ensuring the quality of lifestyle that we’ve all loved for so long. Get the most out of the rest of your summer and enjoy the many adventures, both outdoors and in the comfort of your own home, that await!
Continue to check our website and follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date events throughout the rest of summer in Albuquerque!
Make sure to join us twice a week on our blog for more real estate advice and great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates. Looking for the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque? Our easy-to-use home search tool can help you start the process. Contact us today to help you buy or sell your next home in Albuquerque.
HOT HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK!
1393 TIFFANY Lane SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124 $300,000
3 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms (2 full, 0 half) / 1846 Square Feet
TRINITY ESTATES! Open floor plan with lots of living space featuring wood ceilings, vigas, nichos, Kiva fireplace, skylights, REFRIGERATED AIR! Kitchen features beautiful cabinetry, granite countertops, island, recessed lighting, gas cooktop, double oven, walk-in pantry, breakfast bar & bkfst nook with a bay of windows! Master suite features double doors, sep shower, jetted tub, his & her vanities and two closets! Secondary bdrs and full bath on its own wing! Private backyard, beautifully landscaped with turf, shrubs, flowers and trees, covered patio and walled for privacy. Garage has separate, enclosed room for easy storage. Close to shopping, restaurants, parks and easy access to Albuquerque!
Contact the Sandi Pressley team for additional details!
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team