Are you still trying to decide how to go about your trick-or-treating this Saturday evening? If you’re looking for the safest way to take the kids on a hunt for goodies, you can visit the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Park for the 2nd Annual Trunk or Treat on Saturday, October 31 from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
The whole family is encouraged to wear thier scariest costumes as you drive from booth to booth for no-contact treat delivery from booths along the route. Just make sure you stay in your car, wear face coverings, and comply with all requirements of the current Public Health Order.
This year will be a ticketed event to help control the flow of vehicles through the park. Tickets are available for the super low cost of $2.00 per vehicle. CLICK HERE to purchase your tickets and reserve your spot now.
If you plan to go traditional trick-or-treating, the city of Albuquerque reccomends showing consideration for home owners who have thier lights off to show they’re not participating in trick-or-treating this year. Those who are in high-risk groups will no doubt want to reduce thier risk of infection. Those planning to dress up for the holiday are reminded that Halloween masks are not considered COVID-safe unless they meet CDC guidelines.
- All costumes, wigs and accessories should be fire-resistant
- If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags, or give them glow sticks
- When buying Halloween makeup, make sure it is nontoxic and always test it in a small area first
- Remove all makeup before children go to bed to prevent skin and eye irritation
Keep these tips in mind when your children are out on Halloween night:
- A responsible adult should accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds
- If your older children are going alone, plan and review a route acceptable to you
- Agree on a specific time children should return home
- Teach your children never to enter a stranger’s home or car
- Instruct children to travel only in familiar, well-lit areas and stick with their friends
- Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home
- Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street
Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!
Contact us today to help you buy or sell your next home in Albuquerque. Looking for the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque? Our easy-to-use home search tool can help you start the process. Join us twice a week on our blog for more real estate advice and great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates.
HOT HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK!
4 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms (2 full, 1 half) / 3086 Square Feet
Contact the Sandi Pressley team for additional details!
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team