Are you trying to find ways to improve your home, but can’t spend a fortune? Whether you plan to sell your home in Albuquerque, or just want to give it a fresh new feel, you can make a big impact on a budget.
Here’s a list of simple and value-packed projects you can tackle to improve the look (and value) of your home.
Projects Under $100
1. Rearrange Furniture. Pull furniture away from the walls and position it at new, more inviting angles. You’ll change the look and dimension of your room.
2. Paint Walls. Choose one wall to paint in an accent color. Select a hue that’s already a part of the décor, one that complements and highlights your pieces.
3. Get Plenty of Greens. Lush broad-leafed plants are easy to maintain indoors and add some life to any room. If you don’t have a green thumb, opt for silk plants instead.
4. Accent Floors. A new rug is the perfect accent. Look for one that has colors that reflects your décor, and then angle it under a coffee table or dining room table.
5. Frame It. Use multiple frames that are of a similar style to create a framed picture collage on the wall. If frames don’t match, faux finish them for a complete look.
6. Light Up Your Room.
Lighting dictates the mood of a room. Mix and match lamp bases and shades to create new looks. Looking for another bright idea? Add recessed lighting.
7. Go Faux. Create a whole new look with faux finishing. Washing, leafing, marbling and stripping can be used to change walls or make furniture look fresh.
8. Update Cabinets. New hardware can transform a kitchen. Select matching sets of knobs and pulls to completely change the look and feel of your cabinets.
9. Wallpaper. Wallpaper doesn’t need to go wall-to-wall. Use it with paint to accent borders or choose a single wall to express your style.
Projects Under $500
10. Update Fixtures. New fittings, a fresh vanity and new toilet can completely change the appearance of your bathroom. Choose sets that work well together.
11. Add Moulding. Crown moulding adds a touch of luxury. To install it yourself, buy extra moulding and practice your miter cuts before beginning.
12. Update Flooring. New flooring gives a room a boost from the bottom. Try a natural-looking wood laminate. It’s simple to install and yields extraordinary results.
13. Install a fan. A large, decorative ceiling fan with a light fixture can brighten a room and create a comfortable climate that you control at the touch of a button.
14. Organize Closets. Less clutter will make your entire home feel more spacious. Maximize storage with new shelving and wire organizers so everything is neat.
15. Care For Your Landscape. Add new hedges in the front, trees in the back and flowers that complement your home’s exterior. Little outdoor projects like these can really make you feel more settled in.
Make sure to join us twice a week on our blog for more real estate advice and great reasons to buy a home in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. Follow us on Facebook for the latest Albuquerque real estate updates. Looking for the perfect home for sale in Albuquerque? Our easy-to-use home search tool can help you start the process. Contact us today to help you buy or sell your next home in Albuquerque.
HOT HOME LISTING OF THE WEEK!
5 Bedrooms / 4 Bathrooms (3 full, 1 half) / 3970 Square Feet
TANOAN EAST-CORNER LOT! 5BDR/4BA/3CG featuring an open floor plan & 2 living areas! Beautiful windows abound with lots of natural light! UPDATES include two evap coolers! Two new water heaters! New gas cooktop & disposal! Living room & family room with fireplaces. One bdr/study/office on the main level! Kitchen features a new gas cooktop, an island, a built-in wall oven, tile flooring, a walk-in pantry & spacious breakfast nook. Large secondary bdrs with walk-in closets and one bdr with its own private bath makes a great guest suite! Owner suite features a balcony, fireplace, his & her walk-in closets, dual sink vanity, separate shower and garden tub! Private backyard features a beautiful pond, grass, trees & shrubs and a covered patio for outdoor living! Private gated community of Tanoan!
Contact the Sandi Pressley team for additional details!
Get your Morning Inspiration with the Sandi Pressley Team